Thursday, October 2, 2014

Susanna is 3!

On Monday, this little chickie turned 3!  I say it every year, but really, how in the world is this possible?  I have said it from day 1 with her, it feels like she has been a part of our family forever...and I am so thankful for that!  
The weekend before her actual birthday, we had a little family party and she, like 98% of all little girls in America this year, wanted a Frozen party.  Thank you, Target, for having Frozen party decorations so I didn't have to get too fancy!  She got a doctor kit, princess pjs, a Frozen umbrella, dress-up clothes, Hello Kitty boots, an Elsa dress, a painting apron and a few outfits for the fall.  We had sparkly cupcakes and ice-cream and the day was spent playing with cousins!







At 3 years old, Susanna is ...
- 34 lbs
- 3 ft. 2 1/2 inches tall

She loves...
- Anna and Elsa stuff
- snuggling Jillian (more like laying on top of and totally mugging her)
- wearing dresses and nightgowns
- playing outside and getting messy
- candy corn
- watching Netflix
- helping me be make things in the kitchen
-play pretend
- Chik fil A
- dancing and singing
- being with her friends and cousins

Here she is ready for school in her new birthday clothes...she put this outfit together!  And we are still sucking that thumb...not a battle I'm ready to fight, and I'm totally ok with it!

On the day of her actual birthday, she and Drew did not have school so we went to Chik-fil-A for lunch, played in the play-place and had ice cream cones!  Mike brought home pizza for dinner (healthy day...) and we let her open the last of her gifts...a Hello Kitty piggy bank, a Frozen matching game, and an Olaf tea (lemonade) set from Aunt Ashley!  She got cards, calls and FaceTime messages throughout the day and I know she felt the love!  
We love Susanna at this age.  She is so funny, sweet, and goofy.  I love watching her pretend play with Drew and they get along really well.  I have noticed she is getting into a little terrible 3 stage like Drew did but I'm hoping now that I sort of know what to expect, we can handle it!  More experienced moms might be laughing at that statement...we'll see.  One of my favorite times of the day is laying down with her before her nap time.  I actually get to soak her in for a while and snuggle our growing girl.  She is confident, kind and spunky...heaven help us!
Happy 3rd Birthday, Sue Sue!

No comments: