Tuesday, November 19, 2013

our first thankful tree

I think I say this every year here on the blog that fall is my absolute favorite season…I love the cooler weather especially but I love the spirit of the holidays and that nostalgic feeling they bring.  This year celebrating the holidays has been so much fun because the kids are older and are starting to understand why we celebrate.  We started our thankful tree on the first Monday of this month.  I have seen many different variations on pinterest and other blogs but this is what we came up with.
Each monday this month for Family Home Evening we have been adding leaves to our tree.  It has been really fun to hear what Drew and Susanna have to say.  Last night, Drew said he was thankful for his daddy and Sue Sue said she was thankful for parks!  I know one thing for sure, I am MOST thankful for my little family of 4 and we are all filled with gratitude for our new girly on the way.  What a blessed life we have and I love that Thanksgiving reminds us to stop and really think about those things, more so than we typically do, and just soak in how good we have it, how good our Father in Heaven is to us.



1 comment:

Karlee said...

We did this last year and I totally spaced doing one this year with all we've had going on. Epic fail. Such a good thing to help the kinds find ways to be more grateful and they LOVE it.