Our first activity was our ward Trunk or Treat and Chili Cook-Off! I was semi in charge of it and was thrilled with the weather and the turn out! Drew decided long ago that he wanted to be Mario from Super Mario Brothers and since my nephews dressed as him last year, I had no problem with a costume! Because he was so excited this year, I decided to transform our trunk into Mario Land! I think it turned out pretty great and honestly, I worked pretty hard on it. Drew LOVED it!
before we left to head to the church…they were soooo ready! Susanna was a witch this year because she kind of likes witches.
Susanna wanted to take pictures with Princess Belle (Aliyah)
Drew had a little party at school on Thursday and we were supposed to make treats. This is what ours looked like. I was not about to get fancy! But these suckers are the best!
Halloween night was interesting. We had a few friends come over for burgers and hot dogs before trick or treat started but I totally bombed on taking pictures of that. I started raining right at 6:00pm, right when the first trick-or-treaters knocked. My mom, dad and I took the kids around the neighborhood with umbrellas and rubber boots. We went to about 8 houses before it really started to pour and then just decided to head back. Surprisingly, we still ended up with a good amount of candy!
Mike attempted to get a picture of us before the fun began but its nearly impossible to get a clear one!
Here are Susanna and I, you can't tell that we are drenched but we are! It was pretty fun!
We ran home in the rain to dry off and put on jammies. I LOVE my little Halloween kiddos!
It's not over, folks! Our fun did not stop there! Some friends of ours who live in a gated community rescheduled their trick or treat for the Saturday after because of the weather and they invited us to join! And did we hit the jackpot ;) not that candy is more important than friends!

Susanna was totally over the witch hat by that day but look at those cute faces! It really was a fun holiday! Now all I hear about from Drew is how his birthday is on Thanksgiving this year so he cannot wait for "3 more thursdays" to get here!








1 comment:
So cute!! Love the costumes and the trunk--you went all out. Kids are so cute and fun at these ages and they make things like the holidays way better.
Post a Comment