Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Father's Day was pretty awesome this year!  We had a really good time the entire weekend and Sunday night we were feeling pretty tired and happy.  
On Friday, the kids and I ran a few errands and then came home to clean up and decorate so that when Mike got home, he would be surprised.  We didn't do much in the way of gifts (our gifts to each other these days is saving money and growing our bank account...a never ending battle yes?  I digress...) but we had balloons, streamers and daddy's favorite treats waiting and ready for when he came through the door!  Isn't he the most handsome dad?!  I love this man... 
On Saturday we met up with my parents and my brother and his family at a cool water park for little kids...it was a beautiful day, we all had a blast, and came home a little darker than we were when we got there!
me and my daddy



Jillian was perfect.  I brought our stroller and a little battery-powered fan.  She stayed in the shade, got lots of loves and took some great naps.  I think she is the cutest thing and her swimsuit (a hand-me-down from her big sister) made her look even cuter!

Did you know it is super fun to put your booty right over the water spouts and wait for it to shoot out of the ground?  They were entertained for about 20 minutes with this.


Note the difference in skin tone in this picture of my little brother and my little baby!  How sweet!
 Sunday, Father's Day, was our stake conference so we headed to Baton Rouge for church.  It was nice to not feel so rushed as we do on a typical Sunday morning getting ready for 9:00 church and it was the most gorgeous day.  I tried to get a picture of Mike with the 3 kids, and I was successful, Drew is hiding behind him...see his white sleeve?  The two older kids were not cooperative.  Mike looks good though...did I mention I love him?!
After church we went to the Richardson's for lunch and PawPaw Pat brought us out to the orchard to get a few peaches! Drew and Susanna were all about it!
 Waiting to fill his little box!
 I might be bias but Louisiana is the most beautiful place.  My soul is so happy when I stop to really appreciate its beauty.  Look at that sky and all the greenery.  It was warm and breezy and smelled so good.  


And of course we got to eat a few...check out those colors on that peach!  They were delicious...
I know I am a few days late in posting but this Father's Day was perfect.  I've really be able to appreciate all of these celebrations lately when I step back and count the blessings in my life.  I am so grateful to my husband and the father that he is to our 3 kids.  He is such a hard worker and he does his job 100% so that we will be well provided for.  He loves me more than I deserve sometimes and always tries to uplift me on the days when I am stressed and tired, even though he is just as stressed and tired as I am.  I love staying up in bed watching our shows together and talking about the day.  I am thankful for the times he calls to check in on us during his lunch breaks and how he usually answers the phone any time I call, even if it isn't that important.  I'm thankful that he plays with the kids and gets silly with them...they love him soooo much!
I am grateful for my own dad and the principles he has taught me throughout my life.  I am thankful for his generosity, his humility, his patience, his sense of humor, and his support.  I don't know what I would do without him.

I am thankful beyond words for my Father in Heaven.  I marvel at the blessings in my life "and why I may not understand all that He does for me, I do know that all that I am and all that I have is because He is a Father to me".  For this I am most grateful.

No comments: