Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November stuff and thanksgiving week {2015}

November has been busy but slow, if that make sense!  I guess its about time a month goes by without flying!  
This is how I find Jillian during her down time ;)  She currently LOVES Daniel Tiger and requests my phone often, saying "tigo, tigo"!  I particularly love that she is in her diaper and shoes ;) 


Last weekend, Mike's uncle, his wife, their son & his wife & their new baby stayed with us for the weekend after a conference in New Orleans.  Amy and I were pretty booked that Saturday, selling planners at the Mistletoe Market but we got some good visiting in with everyone.  It was a fun time!

Here is our booth.  It was really fun, our first market and we did pretty well...it was exciting!  Quiet a long day though, I was feeling it by the time I got home, swollen ankles and all ;)


Susanna did so well with baby Evie.  I was anxious to see how she would react around a new baby, considering we will have one in our home soon and she did a really great job.  She was very sweet and gentle.


We spent the next Sunday at Mike's great-aunt's house with family we hadn't seen in a really long time!  It was so nice of her to have us over for dinner.  She reminds me so much of Mike's grandma Myrna (her sister).  Such a great day!



We had lunch with Drew at school for Thanksgiving!  His friend got in the picture too ;)



Mike and Drew went hunting last Saturday, now that it is getting colder outside!


We had chocolate peanut butter for dinner one night because, you know, sometimes its ok not to cook and eat something that's more like dessert instead!


This week we are out of school for Thanksgiving break!  It has been pretty low key, the weather is great and the kids have had fun playing outside a lot!  Last Thursday, while the older siblings were in school, some friends of mine came over with their girls and one boy ;) for a craft day and lunch!  My friend Kathleen brought everything for the crafts, all I had to do was provide the house and make some brownies...and I was definitely down for that!  



These kids are so cute and I love their creativity!  Everyone's tree and turkey looked different and it was just too cute!





On Sunday, Drew and Susanna set out a Thanksgiving feast in the living room!  They were little busy-bees, walking back and forth from her room to the living room, they even put out the salt & pepper!  It was pretty sweet...and a little challenging with Jillian taking all the plates off of the table, stacking them in her hands and walking around calling them "cancakes" (pancakes)!  




Our house was nice and messy when we got back from church but they were pretty helpful in picking up...although I feel like I pick up and clean up more than anyone on the planet (which I know is not true but it feels like that!) Its probably because I'm carrying around an extra 20-something pounds these days.

This was a few weeks ago...I guess around 25.  


People always tell me that the more pregnancies you have, the tougher it gets but no one really ever told me what that meant!  How is it tougher?  Well, I had to go to the doctor Friday because I had been feeling so much pressure for days, among other things, that made them think maybe I had a tear in my amniotic sac.  Luckily, that was not the case, but it does happen to some people.  Turns out, I have really bad varicose veins and bruising, which I had with Jillian but not this early or this bad, because baby Will's head is so low...which also prevents me from being able to completely empty my bladder...so without going into any more detail, lets just say I'll be suffering from varicose veins and peeing my pants for the next 13 weeks!  And the only reason I'm actually typing this out here on the blog is so that other moms know, this stuff is real and happens a lot!  This is what they mean when they say it gets harder with each pregnancy, I'm already waddling and I'm only 27 weeks.

Anyway, this week we are just getting ready for Thanksgiving on Thursday.  My only assignment from my MawMaw was to bring a chocolate pie so that is what I'm doing!  We also celebrate Drew's SIXTH birthday Saturday and I really can't believe it!  I asked him this morning if we could just skip that day so he can always stay 5 but he was pretty serious about that NOT happening!  Good thing we'll have another little boy in the house in a few months since ours is not so little anymore!

No comments: