Tuesday, January 20, 2015

mom thoughts



I've got a lot going on these days and have been reflecting quite a bit on my role as a mother.  I love that I have been entrusted with our three sweet babies, I am grateful every day that I am able to stay home with them, and I would rather be nowhere else.  Today was a busy day.  I woke up early so that I could watch a friend's daughter for the day while she worked, I made them all pancakes, took the big kids to school, brought Jillian to the doctor, picked up her prescription at the pharmacy (both with my friend's daughter in tow), wiped snotty noses and goopy eyes multiple times, mopped up the water Susanna dumped all over the floor of the bathroom, picked up the same toys, pillows, and blankets over and over (why don't I just leave them there until bed time?!), made snacks, listened to sweet girls singing Frozen songs, talked to Drew about skylanders...and while some of it was tiring, other moments were sweet (and having an extra kid around didn't add much to the normal stress, honestly!), and as I thought about how lucky I am that I am able to stay home with my kids every day, even though it can be hugely exhausting, I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for this life I have, for these babies I get to mother, and for my always-supporting husband.  I know not every woman has the desire or opportunity and I am just really thankful that this is what I get to do...

No comments: