Sunday, September 12, 2010

the past few months

I have had a full media card in my camera for a while now and just haven't uploaded this stuff until now! I will try to go in order!

The first full week of the new school year, we had no a/c! I came home from church one day and it was 95 degrees in our house! Thankfully, Amilyn and Brandon let us stay with them and I'm sure they got their fill! We were there for 6 days! Drew definitely had a blast! He LOVES Amilyn's dog, Blaze! He has the cutest laugh EVER and we could not stop laughing at him laughing! So funny!
A few weeks ago, Drew got some hand-me-down toys from the Bascoms! I had been thinking about getting him a Leap Frog Learning Table but now I don't have to! It's a hit! Thanks, Bascoms!

Last Thursday, I stayed home with Drew because he had a pretty bad ear infection. While he was sleeping, I vacuumed the house and when he woke up, he wanted to play with the vacuum cleaner. I don't know what his deal is with vacuum cleaners but he is soooo interested in ours! Any time I have it out, he stares at it and goes straight over to it. Yesterday, he pushed it around the kitchen :)Drew is getting so confident when it comes to pulling up, walking along the furniture, standing on his own...sometimes he even takes a step. Here is a quick clip of his new trick (also with a "new" toy from the Bascoms! yay!) He was making me so nervous, zooming around the kitchen, out of control!

This Labor Day weekend, the 3 of us headed to Houma for another triathlon! We spent Friday night at the Stock's in Thibodeaux! Yay! It was sooo fun to spend time with them, we never get enough! Saturday morning, we got up really early for the 30 minute drive to where the race was in Houma. Mike did an awesome job! Drew and I cheered him on and played at the park.
Daddy and Drew before the race!Getting pumped!Getting a little fussy waiting for the race to start :(
The start!!
Transitioning from the swim to the bikebike to run...coming in for the...Finish!!
We are so proud of you, daddy!

Tonight we tried out Drew's new bath tub! It was a little sad to see his baby tub retire but we have this new cool inflatable tub from Kaycie, Jeff, and Jake! My cousin, Kaycie gave us this tub over the summer and now that Drew is sitting up well enough to use it, we thought, why not! He LOVED it! It is much more spacious than his other one and the sides are soft in case he falls over. This kid loves to splash! Our bathroom was soaked after tonight's bath! Isn't he getting so big!?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

He is growing so fast! Looking at him next to Mike, I'm starting to think he favors you more. IDK. Cute baby Drew! Can't wait til I have a buddy he can play with :)

Jill Britt said...

The video of him laughing at the dog reminds me so much of all of the videos we have of our Drew cracking up at the dogs! He is getting so big! Don't you just love how fun he is at this age?!

Jill Britt said...

The video of him laughing at the dog reminds me so much of the videos we have of our Drew laughing at our dogs! He is getting so big. Don't you just love how fun they are at this age?!

BRENTandROBIN + three said...

YOU are one of the best blog commentors EVER!!! And I'm just terrible although I do check in often. Drew is growing so much just like all of these babes. I wish you guys were in 2nd Ward and he would be a real ladies/babies man:)

Glad to hear he is over his ear infection and that school is going well.

By the way, Annie LOVES the vacuum too.

Tim and Ginny Garner said...

Adi,

There is nothing wrong with him liking the vacuum cleaner. I'm sure I played with one when I came out of the womb. They are amazing!!

And tell Mike that I'm so glad he's doing so well at triathlons.