Thursday, February 3, 2011

winter weather day

I home with my baby today! Schools are closed due to weather which means no work for me! I'm sorry I seem so enthusiastic but 1. I would rather be home with Drew and 2. I didn't want to get out in the cold and ice (any Utah people reading this, I would die there in that cold, what was it? 1 degree last night? No thanks!), I'd much rather be toasty warm in my house. For some unfortunate reason, LSU did not cancel classes today so we said a prayer for Mike as he left for school. Poor honey, he's a tough guy, working hard and I love him for it.
Drew is the funniest thing, he loves his little leap frog farm animal fridge magnet toy and is dancing to "she'll be coming around the mountain" like a little country boy! I mean, he's got Fontenot and Daigle blood in him so what do you expect, right? (referencing his Cajun genetics, if you didn't get that) He's silly and has already made me laugh numerous times today and it is only 9:30 am! This should be a fun, relaxing and productive day. I really need to mop the floors when he goes down for a nap. And I'll be home all day so I'll be able to get dinner started early! I really wish I stayed home everyday but for now, it just makes days like this even sweeter!
Enjoy your winter weather day, everybody (and pray that we have another one tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Stacy Hutchinson said...

How fun for you and little Drew! You are a sweet momma. He's a lucky guy to have you and Mike.
Our schools stayed open, but it looks like everything is closing down in BR tonight and tomorrow. Ayden's piano practice and Josh's group were both cancelled tonight, so we all get to spend our Thursday night together at home for a change. We'll see about school in the morning...Fingers crossed.

Jenn said...

Markus braved the weather yesterday too and ended up getting sick (vomitting) at school and came home early. I was so sad for him.. then work until 2AM this morning. Poor thing. Happy you get 2 days off :))) What a nice long weekend with y our Drew Baby! Enjoy! Miss yall! P.S. WE are probably going to bless Trevor March 6th.