Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Triathelete!

We spent Thursday-today in Dallas so Mike and Eric could do a sprint triathlon yesterday! They have been training for weeks for this and it was so fun to actually get them see do one! The race was a 400 meter swim, 11 mile bike ride, and a 2 mile run. We got up waaaay earlier than normal, 4:30am, so they could get set up by 6:00. It was early but it was really fun to watch them!Mike & Eric before the race! It was still super dark outside...
Waiting for start time...the swim was first (in case you aren't familiar with tris)Eric's age group had the green caps and were the first group to start the day.

Mike's age group, getting ready. He is the one with the black goggles, 2 straps, by the chick with the white criss-cross bathing suit. He says "make sure you tell them I am NOT number 36" :)

Finished with the swim...Transitioning from the swim to the bike. Mike is the one in the helmet, Eric is in the red in the back ground...I didn't get a good shot of them on the bikes or transitioning from the bike to the run but they were awesome and looked good!Mike coming in the for the finish!Eric coming in the for the finish!What a hottie, huh? He looks so great after doing all that working out...I am so proud of him!
I was his cheerleader! It was fun!
Austin came to cheer on his dad with Amy! It was so great to spend time with them! Mike and Eric had so much fun. They both finished in a little over an hour, which is awesome for their first one! It was a really cool weekend!

4 comments:

AmyB said...

Ahhh!! You put that picture of me!! I have to post it all soon. We just got in. A drama filled last 24 hours or so. I will fill you in. I did not get to see the movie!

Jenn said...

Great job Mike & Eric. That is really an accomplishment. Are they going to do some more?

Sarah said...

Wow! That is quite an accomplishment. Good for you Mike! It looks like he really enjoyed himself. I love how he wanted you to point out that he was not #36. LOL

McCartneys said...

YAY UNCLE MIKEY !! That looks so fun. AWESOME !!