Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day Festivities!

Every Memorial Day weekend, all of my cousins on my mom's side of the fam get together for what we call the Grand Chill-Inn (say grand-children with a Cajun ascent- cute huh?!). This year we were only able to go for one of the days but next time we are determined to commit to the whole weekend! I didn't get to visit with nearly as many people as I had wanted...we just had to be back for church on Sunday this year. And, the months of May and June are insane, we have been gone so much lately, I've had to pick and choose. Anyway, here are a few pictures I snapped during our short visit!
Drew & Uncle Sean! He flew in for the event! We miss you, Uncle Sean!
Uncle Billy & Nanny Monica!

New mama, Amy, and baby Andie!

Aunt Jess & Parker (2 weeks old today!)

It's not a party without crawfish!

Me, Mike & Jeff

The whole gang!

On Monday, Jessica invited us to head downtown with she and her kids to tour the U.S.S. Kidd in celebration of the veterans who have been so influential in making this country amazing (too bad our leaders today don't feel as passionate about this wonderful land we live in, a fact that makes me really sad- sorry, I can't help it.). I hadn't been in years and it was a really great idea and wonderful way to celebrate the day. We played around on the ship, walked around the museum, listened to them fire off one of the big guns on the front of the Kidd, and had a picnic in the atrium of the Belle. It was awesome! Thanks for the invite, Jessica, great idea!!
Dilen, ready for battle!

Ethan, ready for battle!

Drew Babe shooting his first gun! ?


Daddy & Drew going back up to the deck

We left the downtown area around 1:00 and moved on to Central to spend time with Mike's family. Andy and Mike BBQed and Emily, Honey & Drew swam a little and played outside. We ate and visited, Kevin and Alissa stopped by on their way home from the airport, and Em and Drew Babe danced in the kitchen! It was fun!
Drew loves to look in the mirror!
Checkin' himself out with Uncle Andy!

2 comments:

Sarah Green said...

Give hugs and say a big Hello to your family. I know yall are getting together this weekend! The "D" family is so pretty! :-)

Sarah Green said...

Give hugs and a big Hello to your family this weekend since yall are all getting together. The "D" family is such a fun group - not mention yall are all so pretty! :-)